Thanks for your question. We will answer you soon.
Can you help the pain associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)?
Richard M. Pope, MD
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL

Date Added: 05/02/13

Pain in rheumatoid arthritis can be treated. We can use pain medicine, analgesics. However, you're not treating the primary problem. You want to treat the inflammation, because if you just treat with pain medication only, chronic joint destruction will occur. Once joint destruction occurs, the...
---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------
Richard M. Pope, MD, is the Chief, Division of Medicine-Rheumatology and Mabel Greene Myers Professor of Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, IL.
Have Additional Questions About RA?
Get answers from our physicians
Thank you for your question, and for helping us make this RA Community more robust and helpful to patients like yourself. We'll be in touch soon.